Green Academies Project Youth Ranger Activities Volunteer with the National Trust
Green Academies Projects are currently running at a number of National Trust properties in England, with the aim of helping young people become passionate about the environment, learn new skills, prepare for employment or education, and take their enthusiasm back to their communities. We will be engaging with young people between the ages of 11 and 24 at our National Trust sites, as well as at local green spaces across the region. Participants will have the chance to work on a wide variety of environmental projects and activities including building outdoor classrooms food growing wildlife surveys wild camping and a range of heritage and conservation skills. We will also be helping young people develop communication, team working and project management skills.
The GAP team needs volunteers to help us deliver activities at Dunham Massey and in Partington and Carrington support and encourage young people share experiences and knowledge and help make this exciting project a success. Our GAP Activities Volunteers will play a key part of making this project a success with their enthusiasm desire to help young people and willingness to lead by example.
National Trust, WA144SJ
• Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Making a real difference to the lives of young people from all backgrounds
• Enjoying new experiences and doing something new every day
• Being part of a new and dynamic National Trust Project
• Having a chance to use your skills and learn new ones
• Complete 50 hours of volunteering and receive a free NT entry card to all properties and 20% retail discount
You must be over 18 years old
You need an induction Applicants will be shortlisted Expenses Paid
Age Groups Children
Starts 05/11/2017 10:00:00